Sunday, December 7, 2008

Not a grade, a process

I have been reading this awesome book called To Draw Closer to God by Pres. Henry B. Eyring (I highly suggest this book if anyone is in need of how to improve on one's relationship with Heavenly Father).  I came across this quote that has been on my mind for a while.  He said, "The Lord doesn't put us through this test just to give us a grade; he does it because the process will change us."  When I read this, all I could think was "Wow."  I have been going through a few mini trials, as I like to call them, and this seem to make sense and bring much needed perspective into my crazy life.  I need to look at each challenge, trial, or fear, as what is it about myself that is needed to change so that I can become more like my Father in Heaven and my Savior.  Definitely something to ponder about.

No comments: