Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wake up call...

I just found out that I did not get the job that I interviewed for about a month ago.  I won't lie and say that it didn't hurt, because it sure did.  Something told me to go read President Monson's conference talk from November 2008 titled "Joy in the Journey."  In it, he quotes a Roman philosopher, Horace, who said, "Whatever hour God has blessed you with, take it with a grateful hand, nor postpone your joys from year to year, so that in whatever place you have been, you may say that you have lived happily."  Talk about "Whoa!"  I realized that I have two options in front of me...I can sit and stew about why I didn't get the job or I can just keep on going so that I will not "postpone my joys."

President Monson concluded his talk saying, "My sincere prayer is that we may adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."  Thanks to all that have supported me through life and have made me who I am today.  Thanks to Heavenly Father for the snow, for mountains, for Valentine's Day, for family, for friends, for ancestors, and so much more!  So, here is to changes and whatever else may come my way.  Bring it on!  ;)

2 comments:

Tacie said...

Precious! Loverly! That is AMAZING advice... That's why I love you! OH, and that quote is from Meet the Robinsons... :)

Stephanie said...

Sorry you didn't get the job. Keep applying and interviewing. Pray that Heavenly Father will get you were he needs you the most!