Friday, January 2, 2009

Day One of Playing the Guitar

Last week, I got this brilliant idea to start playing my guitar.  (I have owned it for many years and have yet to learn how to play it.)  So, I went and bought me a super easy children's beginning guitar book (for ages 5 and up).  I started to try to get my guitar in tune and my B string decides to break.  (Great, what a wonderful way to keep me motivated to learn a new thing).  So, I proceeded try to re-string the B string and was successful (this meaning that the guitar string makes a sound).  Now the hard part, playing the notes.  My mom pulled out her guitar and tried to teach me the A chord and the E7 chord.  Talk about freaking a person out on the first time.  The A chord involves all 4 fingers.  AAHHHH!!!!  I can now play the chords for Polly Wolly Doodle and He's Got the Whole World very slowly.  (Don't ask me to sing the words as I play, that really throws me off.)  Now, all I have to figure out is how long is takes for my fingers to get used to hurting on the tips from pushing too hard on the guitar strings.

1 comment:

Tacie Hoffman said...

Can I come and play with you??? My mom had this old book, so I took it and her guitar, and I taught myself the A and "E7" (I didn't know that there were specific names for the strings) ;)